Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Comments

Check out my comment on Biking in LA's post entitled "Riding in the gray area of the law":
In response to whether or not bikers should be able to bike through cars to get in front of them in an intersection, I shared an experience I had on one of my commutes:


"Just the other day, as I was biking down Venice Blvd. on my daily commute, there was literally a police officer yelling at a cyclist who had biked up to the left of a Metro Bus because I assume he knew that the bus was going to be stopping at the other side of the intersection and just wanted to get a head-start in front of the bus. The officer, however, was threatening to ticket the cyclist if he literally did not turn his bike around and get behind the bus. The ludicrousness of this situation blew me away, and reading your post here reminded me of this story. I feel that sometimes cyclists are treated under the same law that has no rationality or explanation but is simply categorized as such based off of the already present automobile laws."

No comments:

Post a Comment